2nd Shift Maintenance Technician
KB BioEnergy is dedicated to protecting our environment for current and future generations by generating renewable energy using sustainable technology. KB BioEnergy operates and maintains the Akron Renewable Energy Facility, which is responsible for managing all of the wastewater solids from the City’s Water Reclamation Facility.
KB BioEnergy is currently looking for a 2nd Shift Maintenance Technician to join our team in Akron, OH.
The Maintenance Technician performs work throughout the plant for regular operations, regular and predictive maintenance, troubleshooting, analysis and repair of equipment and related components for a sludge pumping and treatment facility and biogas driven electrical generation systems.
2nd shift hours are 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. and the work week will be Tuesday through Saturday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate, monitor and maintain facility operations
- Inspect, repair, remove, install, operate and assemble complex pumps, motors, compressors, conveyors, chemical handling systems and related components
- Remove, replace, repair hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanically operated valves
- Remove and install electronic and mechanical flow measuring devices
- Cut, thread and fit piping systems
- Operate various tools including hand tools, welders, pneumatic and electric tools
- Operate computers and CMMS to obtain work orders, place work orders, log work performed, and search for inventory parts
- Read and interpret blueprints and schematics
- Follow all KB BioEnergy safety guidelines and complete incident reports immediately when required
- Perform general housekeeping in the maintenance shop and throughout the facility
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required
- Other duties may be assigned
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
KB BioEnergy is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 330-864-2621. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Education and/or Experience
- Certificate of completion from a 2-year mechanical technology program or mechanical training program
- Will consider military experience in lieu of educational requirement
- Minimum 2 years experience in industrial setting
- Able to perform maintenance trades including electrical, machinist, rigging systems, welding, pipe fitting and fabrication, pumps and piping systems, gearbox and bearing maintenance, lubrication, mechanical maintenance, and hydraulic and pneumatic
- Strong mechanical aptitude, hydraulic and/or electrical diagnosis
- Basic familiarity with diesel and gasoline engines
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to learn new programs/software as needed
- Ability to work 2nd shift (final shift depends upon seniority) and holidays
- Candidates must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Basic computer skills
- Able to operate heavy equipment
- Able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold
- Able to use or become familiar with testing equipment
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, twist, bend, stoop, climb ladders, push, pull, shovel, pound, lift, talk, and hear
- Occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to work in an environment with the following conditions: moderate equipment noise, odor, near moving mechanical parts and machines, exposure to inside and outside weather conditions, wet or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold and vibration.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life insurance
- Other types of voluntary insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Company provided tools
- Company provided uniforms
- Locker rooms and shower facilities
- Weekends required
- Holidays required